Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The wonders of White Balance.



      These were taken the day I discovered I could get full use out of the older manual lenses.

         I was so excited to see that I now had 4 more lenses in my arsenal, that I forgot how much I was in need of setting my White Balance!!!!!
   
        I was popping of shots of everything in range, while getting used to having to adjust my aperture and shutter speed frequently. Figuring out what aperture is generally best in different lighting situations, just some good ol' "hands on" learning.

      So I set my WB by snapping off a shot of something neutral, took a picture of the same set of knickknacks, and BAM! I was almost in shock that THAT --->
 picture was taken by me.



A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE
with one very simple change.







       Since this mermaid figure was in another room, the lighting situation is different. The cupcake, ice cream, etc. was in a bedroom which was lit with the light from the ceiling fan. This mermaid was right next to 3 floor to ceiling windows, so the white balance needed to be re-calibrated.
       I love this example. The mermaid in her true colors is just beautiful.

WHITE BALANCE  IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!! It's one of the easiest things to really make a picture show what you actually see.






No comments:

Post a Comment