Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Single frame HDR

Long exposure night photography is a type of photography I plan to master. Here is a shot I took (probably the first night I had my D7000!) This is just one exposure edited in Photomatix!


I am so excited to get some more experience with HDR, as well as night photography. I LOVE light trails, star trails may be something I'll work towards soon.

In this particular shot, the blue of the sky seems to suffer with some blending of the different shades. My guess is that HDR post-processing with a single frame is harsh on certain things, like large areas of solid colors, or subtle shade changes. I could be wrong, but hey... It's a guess!

Since we've been getting some cooler weather, you can expect some more night photography in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment